Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Love of Nature

Landscape: A picture depicting an expanse of scenery.  
Or definition #2 
Landscape: a genre intended to show different spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, 
but other times microscopic.

So which definition does one choose to photograph?  Why not both?  Well, I guess they are both depicted in one photo, but Adam told me he posted 2 so I thought I would post 2 as well.  While my photo isn't "microscopic", it is in "landscape form" and has landscape in it.

The first photo is pretty self explainitory.  I was driving around tonight in search of that perfect landscape photo.  I first stopped in the little town of Alto, and while I thought this might be fun, the photos didn't turn out how I had hoped.  So I decided to drive the country side a bit.  While going down one of the country roads I went by this field that had an old barn.  I turned around, pulled over to the side of the road and shot a few shots, not real happy I turned to go back to my car and then this view caught my eye.  So here we have the literal "landscape shot".

Now the second shot I have chosen has a bit of a story behind it.  Last weekend I went up to Mount Pleasant to visit Adam.  While there we decided to try out the Blue Gator Restaurant.  The good and bad thing about Mount Pleasant in the summer is that it is pretty much a ghost town, especially on the weekends.  So while we sat at the outdoor bar, we looked around and realized we were the only ones beside the wait staff.  Needless to say we had good service.  But anyway, lets get back on track.  While at this Restaurant I saw a beer called a Vanilla Java Porter.  I thought to myself...I like vanilla and I like coffee, why not try this beer.  And I am glad I did.  It was very yummy.  So tonight, when I stopped to get gas at the local gas station, I went inside to see if they happened to have just a single bottle of this beer.  Sure enough!  Now, I planned to just enjoy this at my leisure, but while I was driving home after my landscape hunt, I thought to myself...Why not shoot a "landscape style shot" with the landscape in the background of this very yummy beverage.  So that is how we got this 2nd photo a Landscape within the Landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment