Thursday, September 29, 2011

What?

This past Monday I sat down with an artist who had entered a photo collection into ArtPrize.  I was interviewing him for a video project, as I asked him about his work he discussed with me photography.  He teaches photography at the college level and has amazing photos, so I think he knows a thing or two.  One of the topics we discussed is that most photography can be categorized as 'documentary'-it is one instance in time; a place, an object a person.  This was the first time I thought about photography in this way, the concept of documentary photos left a bad taste in my mouth.  So this week I put my artist mind to work and my knowledge of how to use my 'tools' to create something new, something that wasn't so documentary.  This is what I got, oh yeah, and guess what the topic is.

No comments:

Post a Comment