Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Power of Prayer

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
We do not know what we ought to pray for, 
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans 
that words cannot express."
Romans 8:26

In my life I have definitely learned the importance of prayer.  I have seen how God answers prayer in ways I could never imagine.  And in those times when I can't find the words to say, I know that the Holy Spirit is speaking and groaning for me.  So when this topic came up I was excited because I had a pretty cool idea.  What I really wanted to do was photograph my pastor, but it didn't work with our schedules unfortunately, so tonight when I had practice with one Al Jansen, I asked him to do me a favor.  At first I think he was a little worried about what I wanted him to do, but he was a good sport.  And even though I told him I wouldn't photograph his face, I ended up doing it and really like the end result.  So thank you Al for being a good sport and an excellent model.  If there is anything I can leave with our faithful followers is to never forget the power of prayer.  Even when you don't know what to prayer, it's ok, there is the Holy Spirit to communicate with our Heavenly Father for us.  Never underestimate what God can and will do in your life through prayer.

1 comment: