Saturday, May 7, 2011

Moving Forward

I was looking forward to this weeks topic because this is a technique that you can have a lot of fun with.  Back when I took my class at Kendall we experimented with this.  Adam and I took a pen light and made circles and wrote our names and such.  So I knew I wanted to do something different.  Ideally I would have been somewhere where there was a lot of traffic and it was a little darker to get a more dramatic look, but I decided to stick close to home...well actually stay home...and have Christopher, my brother, help me out.  So, when I thought it was dark enough (I do wish I would have waited just a little longer), Chris got into his truck, I parked my tripod and camera at the end of the driveway, and proceeded to shoot photos of Chris driving his truck back and forth.  I'm sure it was a curious sight for our neighbors, in fact one of them came out to try and figure out what we were doing.  I figured if I told him I was taking a "long exposure shot" he would have no idea what I was talking about, so I simplified it and just said I was trying to blur the truck lights as they went by.  It was fun, Chris of course complained about wasting gas, but I am appreciative he helped me out and we ended up with a pretty neat shot.  One of these days I'll go to the top of parking ramp downtown and photograph the expressway, that would be pretty cool.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment