Thursday, November 10, 2011

Black and White

This weeks topic was a black and white photo.

With a broad topic such as this the sky was the limit.  I did some thinking and when I remembered that Friday was Veterans Days I wanted to tie that in to my photo.  I recalled from this past summer that Mt. Pleasant had a nice park with a veterans memorial in it.

Now my thoughts - I refuse to support any fighting, any war or really any type of violence that is not in a movie.  But I will support the soldier and respect the veterans.  I have nothing but the upmost respect for the men and women that have proudly served for our country.  Growing up there was that moment on special days in church when the pastor asked the veterans to stand up, you looked around and saw all the men and women who had served - that was always a special day.  I looked around and saw the people who were the real stars of the war movies that I love to watch.  We owe all the men and women who severed  more then just a round of applause or a random day that you don't get mail.  So I am saying thank you to the veterans with this photo.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment