Thursday, November 17, 2011

Growing Up

For as long as I can remember, every Sunday, from summer to fall, the sound of cars going around in a circle has filled my families house.  And ever since cable has been available, and a channel called "Speed" has started broadcasting this sound can be expected to be heard every evening.  What I have found humorous for a while now is how someone SO into a "sporting event" can be lulled to sleep within minutes of the race starting.  But I digress, this weeks topic was "A Car".  There are some topics that inspire creativity within me, this topic was not one of those.  So, while I would like to take credit for this idea, it was alas Adam's.  So I grabbed Davey Allison's model car down from our computer desk and took some photos.  It's nothing special, but it is a car that represents my upbringing.  Davey was by far my dad's favorite driver, so one Christmas myself or my brother bought him this car, soon after Davey was killed in a very serious accident...which if I remember correctly was not while he was racing, but don't quote me.  So, while this picture isn't anything special, the car itself holds a lot of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment