Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last Minute Story

I am thankful for a fiance who reminds me of things that I need to do throughout the week.  This week was full of "things to accomplish", but unfortunately I forgot one pretty big thing that needed to be done...our blog!  How could I??  So once Adam and I hung up, mom ran downstairs and grabbed her wooden carolers figurines and after a few different spots in the house, different lighting, different flash intensities and came up with this shot. I will be honest, it is not my favorite, but it is a photo with a story.  As many of you know I love music.  But as I learned when I talked to my college roommates on the phone for the first time years ago, what my thinking of music and what most peoples thinking of music is is quite different.  When I think of music, I think of singing in a choir, singing in church or playing an instrument.  But to the majority of people, music is listening to the radio, your favorite artist.  So, if I had given myself a little more time I would have some how positioned and lit this photo with my music folder and music in the background, but I like having the Christmas Tree there.  I love Christmas, I love Christmas music.  These carolers make me think of growing up and I think in either grade school or with youth group in Highschool we used to go to the nursing home and sing carols for the residence.  Some people would be in their doorways waiting for us, others probably lying in their beds hopefully enjoying the sound of Christmas carols.  It's something I haven't done for years, but something I think would be fun to do again.  There is just something about Christmas time and Christmas music, as my friend once said, that just makes you smile.  God sent His one and only son to be born to a virgin so that he could die to save us from our sins and allow us to have a relationship with our heavenly Father.  So this Holiday season, remember what Christmas is all about.  And think about those memories where a song either touched your heart that maybe someone else sang, or a song that you sang that touched someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment