Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Bridge of Love

   This past month has been full of trials, struggles, questions, wondering, but at the core of it there is growth.  Growth in faith.  Both of our families have had to and continue to deal with many things in our lives that make us rely on the promises our Heavenly Father has given us through His Son.  
   My Opa is fighting a loosing battle against cancer.  I have never experienced this with anyone this close to me.  It has been a journey with many ups and downs.  A journey in which at one minute Opa is good.  He is strong, he is joking and I sincerely believe he will make it to February to see his oldest favorite granddaughter walk down the aisle to start a life with the man she loves.  And then there are days, much like a Tuesday about 3 weeks ago, when you wonder if he will have the strength to make it through the night.  But, God is faithful through it all.  With many promises and Opa is a true testament of those promises.  Even in the midst of pain and struggle he finds it within him to give our Heavenly Father all the praise.
   When Adam told me our topic was "Bridge" this week I knew what I wanted to do.  I wanted to take a picture of a cross.  There is a song that Point of Grace sings that is one of my favorite songs.  I've included the Lyrics under the photo this week.  As you will see it talk about how there is a cross that bridges "The Great Divide".  It talks about how our Heavenly Father sent his son to die on that cross to bridge the divide of sin that has entered this world.  The cross bridges a divide between us sinful humans and our perfect father so that we could know His love for us.  The cross allowed a bridge for us to talk with God and know that through his son our sins have been forgotten.  But I believe that cross is also what is laid down for us to walk across when our time on earth is finished. We will be able to walk across the great divide to spend eternity with a Heavenly Father whom has loved us unconditionally our whole earthly lives.   The cross is a symbol of life, of love and of promise.  There is a promise that God created a bridge across the great divide in the form of the cross on which His only Son died for us.  What an amazing promise that is.  
   So while my photo is not literally a bridge, it is the symbol of a Bridge of Love.  A bridge that I am so thankful is there for my Opa when the time comes for him to go to his Heavenly home.  I am thankful that Bridge is there as a promise to me, my family and my friends that one day, when our Father calls us home, we will be able to walk across that cross and welcomed in Love, Singing and Joy.  And I am thankful that Jesus died on that wooden cross to bridge the great divide of sin to love.  Praise God that he promised so much in that one wooden cross.


The Great Divde
Point of Grace
   
Silence
Trying to fathom the distance
Looking out 'cross the canyon carved
By my hands
God is gracious
Sin would still separate us
Were it not for the bridge His grace
Has made us
His love will carry me

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
A way was made to reach the other side
The mercy of the Father, cost His son
His life
His love is deep, His love is wide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

God is faithful
On my own I'm unable
He found me hopeless, alone and
Sent a Savior
He's provided a path a promised
To guide us
Safely past all the sin that would divide us
His love delivers me

The cross that cost my Lord His life
Has given me mine

No comments:

Post a Comment